What To Create With Your Advent!
I can’t believe I am typing these words, but our 2023 Oxide Fade Advents are out! If you nabbed one this year, thank you so much for choosing to spend your cozy December with Hue Loco; it is now in the hands of the United States Postal Service winging its way to your door!
We are obsessed with the fade our team put together this year and can’t wait to see those projects start popping up on our Instagram feed. Seeing the unboxing and WIP posts makes this one of our favorite times of year and we are counting down the days until you start counting down the days!
We know that many of you have had a pattern picked out since you placed your order but for anyone who is still undecided, there is plenty of time to find the perfect project!
If you need a little refresher, here is the yardage you will have to work with!
Advents will include:
- (24) 20 gram mini skeins in chosen base
- (1) 100 gram skein in chosen base
- Merino Sock - 80/20 SW Merino, Nylon / 80 yds per mini
- Phyllis Sock - 75/25 SW Merino, Nylon / 90 yds per mini
- Single Sock - 100 SW Merino / 80 yds per mini
- DK - 75/25 SW Merino, Nylon / 49 yds per mini
We have put together just a few of the amazing advent friendly patterns that are out there! If you are looking for even more inspiration, check out our new Ravelry Bundle purely for projects that would make your advent skeins sing!
1) Sunscraps (free) by Jacqui Verbeek, photo courtesy of the designer
2) Radvent Cardigan by Ambah O'Brien, photo courtesy Ravelry user hopwala
3) Advent Hap Shawl KAL (free) by Julie Kubitsky, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Anthology Throw by Helen Stewart, photo courtesy of the designer
5) My Favorite Adventure by Dragon Hoard Designs, photo courtesy of the designer
1) Fade Into Christmas by Yarnia Designs, photo courtesy of the designer
2) Baubles and Berries Wrap by Sandra Paul, photo courtesy of the designer
3) Checkerboard Cowl (free) by Potter & Bloom, photo courtesy of the designer
4) Confetti DK Pullover Adult by Nomad Stitches
5) Hug You Shawl (free) by Johanna Lindahl, photo courtesy of the designer
Tips & Tricks:
- You can truly make any pattern work for your advent! Since this advent is a fade, look for patterns that are designed for a fade or gradient for an easy adaptation!
- Remember that your advent comes with a 100g skein as well as 24 minis, this added yardage can open up some doors for larger projects!
See y'all December 1st!